- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
- Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
- Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Croak - Gina Damico
- Hit List - Laurell K. Hamilton
- Athena the Brain - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls - Mary Downing Hahn
- First Comes Love - Katie Kacvinsky
- Enchanted - Alethea Kontis
- Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink - Stephanie Kate Strohm
- Dark Song - Gail Giles
- Hunger - Jackie Morse Kessler
- Living With the Dead - Kelley Armstrong
- Ripple - Mandy Hubbard
- Rage - Jackie Morse Kessler
- Dead Rules - Randy Russell
- Persephone the Phony - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- The DUFF - Kody Keplinger
- Never Knowing - Chevy Stevens
- Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
- Still Missing - Chevy Stevens
- Defiance - C.J. Redwine
- Aprhodite the Beauty - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- Artemis the Loyal - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- Karma - Cathy Ostlere
- The Paradise Prophecy - Robert Browne
- The Edge of Nowhere - Elizabeth George
- Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- Heaven is for Real - Todd Burpo
- Eyes to See - Joseph Nassise
- Kara, Lost - Susan Niz
- Unnatural - Michael Griffo
- Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead
- Spirit Bound - Richelle Mead
- Solstice - P.J. Hoover
- Mumbo Jumbo Circus - Jane George
- Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma
- Boyfriends With Girlfriends - Alex Sanchez
- Bubble White Hair - Timothy D. Cameron
- Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott
- Compuls1on - Heidi Ayarbe
- Wither - Lauren DeStefano
- The Second Coming - David H. Burton
- The Hate - S.L. Pierce
- Shadow Cat - Reena Jacobs
- The Altar of Bones - Philip Carter
- The Final Alice - Alycia Ripley
- Cows Can't Jump - Dave Reisman
- Haven - Kristi Cook
- A Long Walk to Water - Linda Sue Park
Friday, November 11, 2011
7:00 AM | Posted by Corrine | Edit Post
Hannah Harrington is here today with a When I'm Not Writing guest post courtesy of the Teen Book Scene blog tour for her new release, Saving June. Thank you for being here today, Hannah! You can follow along with the blog tour here, or by clicking through the banner. Enjoy!
When I’m not writing, I spend a lot of time reading—whether it’s various online blogs or books. I also watch an extremely ridiculous amount of television: everything from Community to Glee to Hoarders to The Daily Show to Law & Order: SVU to Friday Night Lights. My DVR is my best friend. I’m something of a film buff, too, and I will watch pretty much any documentary I can get my hands on.
Last year I bought an acoustic guitar and started taking lessons. I never played any instruments growing up, I am completely tone deaf with no sense of rhythm, and my musical instincts are less than zero, but after a lot of practice, I am now able to fumble through a handful of songs. I have no high aspirations, but I really enjoy messing around and playing for myself. It’s a nice distraction and a way to unwind.
I love music— whether it’s listening to old songs I love or discovering new artists. I’ve been slowly building up my vinyl record collection, and I can spend a lot of time hunting through our local record store if you’ll let me.
I’m also an animal lover who has too many pets! I have three cats (Marley, Ziggy, and Yoko) and a black Labrador (Ozzy), and my sister owns a beautiful horse named Sheriff, who I like to visit from time to time even though I don’t ride myself anymore. I love them the way I imagine parents love their children. Which seems appropriate since the cats, especially, tend to behave like toddlers with the way they demand my attention, and keeping them in line can feel like a job in and of itself. I am sure they would be happier if I spent less time behind the computer and more of it pampering them!
I agree, Hannah. Boy, do our pets demand attention! =)
Thank you for being here today, Hannah!
Hannah Harrington can be found on twitter.
‘If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that.’
Harper Scott’s older sister has always been the perfect one so when June takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.
When her divorcing parents decide to split her sister’s ashes into his-and-her urns, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She’ll steal the ashes and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going California.
Enter Jake Tolan. He’s a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession and nothing in common with Harper’s sister. But Jake had a connection with June, and when he insists on joining them, Harper’s just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanour and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs.
Except June wasn’t the only one hiding something. Jake’s keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper’s life upside down again.
Synopsis taken from goodreads.
Labels: Blog Tour, contemporary, Hannah Harrington, Saving June, Teen Book Scene, teen fic, When I'm Not Writing, young adult
- I am a bibliophile and absolutely love reading. I tend to read a variety of books ranging from fantasy, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, thrillers, mystery, inspirational and regular fiction, to young adult. I'm willing to read anything at least once. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and are interested in a review of your book, please feel free to email me at lostforwords.cl(at)gmail.com.
- December (13)
- Blog Tour: In the Forests of the Night - Kersten H...
- Blog Tour: Of Light and Darkness - Shayne Leighton...
- Never Eighteen - Megan Bostic - Blog Tour Review
- The Space Between - Brenna Yovanoff
- Blog Tour: Metamorphosis - Devon Ashley - This or ...
- Blog Tour: The Sharp Time - Mary O'Connell - Into ...
- Blog Tour: Saving June - Hannah Harrington - When ...
- Blog Tour: Finding Somewhere - Joseph Monninger - ...
- Blog Tour: Always A Witch - Carolyn MacCullough - ...
- Teaser Tuesday
- October (24)
- September (18)
- August (19)
- July (32)
- June (45)
- May (35)
- April (30)
- March (18)
- February (18)
- January (19)
- December (28)
- November (27)
- October (29)
- September (17)
- August (22)
- July (21)
- June (18)
- May (18)
- April (15)
- March (21)
- February (23)
- January (24)